12 December 2016

Taft Museum of Art

All I can say is, "WOW!" The place is gorgeous. It is hard to get to due to construction, messed up roads and signs that just don't help with getting around, but it is worth the trek. It is free on Sundays, but you still need tickets (getting them online). They are set up for Christmas right now and the security is all through out and since they work there, they know things that general public wouldn't know and they are worth talking with. There is one gentleman, who on first look makes you think, he could so be part of the President's security detail, he is that impressive. When you talk with him you find that he is a wonderful man and has a great smile.

I would love to go back to the Museum in the spring, as the gardens start to bloom, I think they would be worth the trek (again).

I will state this, I don't like Christmas, as in you have to come down to celebrate, even if you have things going on, you have to make the trek. Really? I have to make a trek to come see people who cannot have contact with me or my family for a year? I have to make a trek to come see people who don't come near my home at any time and love to state how FAR AWAY I live. I hate Christmas. But, I do love to see Christmas decorations and wander around see houses lit up and see Christmas trees. I love to hear the Christmas stories told in churches and I love to hear the music. That is the extent of my love of Christmas. I would love to have that be all that there is to Christmas.

So, towards that end I will share some of the photos I took at the Museum, showing Christmas in the 1800's and early 1900's.













If you get a chance to go to the Museum, have fun and take time to look in all the rooms and in one room, there are 2 gorgeous chandeliers and if you take a selfie under the chandelier, looking up, it looks like an engagement ring....beautiful. I won't tell you more than that, you need to find it for yourself, or talk to the very knowledgeable security officers. They are fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment