06 July 2009

My daughters the comediennes

My husband and I recently (just this past weekend) took our children on a small vacation of sorts. We went to North East Ohio for the July 4th weekend. We went to the Akron zoo, visited family, went around Amish country and visited more family. On the morning we were leaving, we woke the girls up very early (6:20 a.m.), with the hope that they would fall asleep on the ride and then we would stop for breakfast along the way. When I woke up the girls, my middle girl says, "It's still night." I had to explain that it was very early in the morning and she needed to wake up for the trip.

As we drove along, she starts asking (constantly), "Are we there yet?" Not listening to the answer. After the zoo, we went to Massilion, Ohio. We were driving around looking at the places where my husband's grandfather had lived and owned a business. As we drive along, Sissy says, "Where are we?" We tell her Massilion. She then says, "Massilion is cold." Her older sister says, "That's the airconditioner." After that, we would tell her where we were with the question, "Is Charm cold?" "Is Berlin cold?"

When were driving in Berlin, Ohio, they use manure for the fields and as a result it is very aromatic. Sissy is holding her nose and my husband asks, "What's wrong, Sissy?" She responds, "Somebody hit a strippy tale cat." I told her no, that was the smell from horses. She responds, "Somebody hit a horse!!!"

Now onto an update. I had a lot of time to knit (my husband drove). I worked on the scarf for my oldest girl. Since it is with sock yarn and knitted in the round to give it some strength so that it cannot be destroyed, it is taking a long time. It has to be about 4 feet long (my girl is 4' 2" approximately). I had to frog a dish cloth I was working on. It is from a pattern I found on the internet with a hummingbird in the center. It seems that children talking to me does not allow me to concentrate and I made some errors. I restarted it on Saturday morning when I woke up at 4 a.m. at my aunt's place (in the silence of the morning I was able to concentrate). I worked on another dishcloth that I found in my bag. It was the one I started as a teaching instrument, when I taught knitting at the West Chester library. I am about half way finished with it. I worked a little on my daughters socks. My cousin from Phoenix had come in for the holiday and we sat and talked socks and mittens. She is going to help me make mittens for the girls. I need to take them shopping for yarn for their hats and scarves and she will make the mittens to allow them to have matching sets (they love to play in the snow and she loved the pictures of them throwing snowballs at their dad). Lots of other things didn't get touched this weekend: the prayer lapghan that I am making for a gentleman from church who hurt his shoulder and has lost mobility. Prayer shawls for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment