24 July 2009

Some "Recipes"

I have a friend who several years ago would make boxes and baskets for people to realize how important God is in their lives. I recently found the "recipes" for making these items and I would like to share them with everyone.

My Stress Basket
I keep my stress basket handy to remind me of ways to relax in the Lord, enjoy life, and apply, in a practical sense, crucial ideas such as truth, faith and righteousness:

A SMALL BOTTLE:
to remind me that God has collected all my tears - He knows all about me.

ADHESIVE TAPE:
to remind that God's love can heal a heart that's been broken.

A SMALL PAIR OF SCISSORS:
to cut out all the unnecessary stuff in my schedule that is causing a lot of stress in the first place.

A HANDKERCHIEF:
to remind me to dry someone's tears with a word, a note, or a hug.

A SMALL PEBBLE:
to remind me God is my Rock.

A NAIL:
to remind me that Jesus coped with some pretty heavy stress, too.

A THUMBTACK:
to remind me not to just sit on my problems.

A PIECE OF CHALK:
to use when something unpleasant happens, so I can "chalk it up" to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment