29 July 2009

Reds Game Knitting

Last night, my husband and I went to a Reds Game and we had some awesome seats. We were very close to the action. Since the strike back in the 1990's (not real sure when they struck, just remember that they were refusing to play because they wanted more money), I haven't been a big fan of any baseball players or in attending any games they play. What was very obvious to me was that everyone who attended that game could have fit close to the field without an issue. I can remember a time when those seats would have been filled and not been empty and moving down would have been hard to do.

My husband and his friend Pete (from work) won the tickets in the give away that the company (yes, the company that is closing it's doors) has whenever they have tickets and no bigwigs to use them. We had a nice time, Pete and his wife and my husband and I had all been together before. We have been over to their place (they have horses) and they have been able to be around our girls. Katie jokes that when they are teens, we won't be welcome, but I think she realizes, teens are fun as long as they are away from their parents.







In these photos you will see Bronson Aroyo pitching, some other player bunting, my husband and his friend Pete and Pete's wife Katie and just other photos from the game. Now to show how geeky I have become, I brought a camera (just to take photos) and my knitting (which I had out and was working on). Katie wants me to make her a tea cozy. So the search will begin for a pattern that she likes and then the yarn purchases and then making it. But I want to finish a lot of other things first.

My brother-in-law (my husband's brother) is getting divorced. It seems that his wife and he have been having problems for a long time (they have been married for 6 years). They have one daughter. We are praying for him and his child. I will be making my niece a clown and some other things. I will also make something for my brother-in-law.

Since the news he has been coming to Kentucky more often and we are able to see him and my niece more often and we are looking forward to meeting her and letting her and her cousins finally get to know each other. My youngest and my niece are about a month apart in age and they should be able to play together.

I am almost finished with one of my prayer shawls and this is good news (that is what I worked on last night), because then I can scratch one more item off my list. I also worked on an afghan for my youngest and I also worked on a dish cloth. I like when I can finish projects and have finished items lying around. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment