10 July 2009

Update on WIP's

I thought I would update with photos on my wip's. So far I have a scarp yarn bathroom rug in progress. It looks pretty good so far and seems to be the right width. Now I just need to work on the length.

Also, I am working on a scarf for my oldest girl using yarn from the Yarnarian. It is called Puck's rainbow and she loves it!!! It is a circular scarf: size US 2 DPN, co 30, join without any twists. Begin knitting. Knit until yarn is gone or it is the length you wish it to be.


I am also working on a prayer shawl. No recipient in particular. Just making it. It is in lavender colors. I got the pattern from Debbie Macomber book from the Yarn shop books.


I am also working on a dish cloth with a hummingbird in the center. I got the pattern from http://wicketstitch.net/index_files/Page372.htm and I was about halfway through the pattern when I realized that I had made a mistake and had to frog it and restart. Now I am about 1/4 of the way through.


I also have finished.....a very plain dishcloth. Just garter stitch (knit every row). I started it when I taught a class at a local library and I just hadn't worked on it in awhile.


It seems that anything that requires my concentration, it isn't happening and so the socks that I started for my girls are languishing on needles until the time people (namely my children and husband) are at work and school, I can concentrate on the counting. My family has decided that if I am sitting and knitting or anything else, I am there to listen to them talk about things and I do want to listen to them, but when I talk, the only one I seem to be talking to is God, because when I ask a question of my family, no one had been listening to me. It is a very lonely existence when there aren't any people listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment