18 July 2009

Pictures from Friday

This photo is of a puzzle that my youngest daughter and I completed. We had some fun working on it. She learned that bigger puzzles take a long time.



This photo is from Main Strasse park. I love this clock because it has a cute little show on the hour.



Outside the John R. Green store these kids were painting murals of the City of Covington, KY. The youngest is 12. This store is awesome for school supplies. It has everything you need and at really good prices. If you get a chance stop in and check it out.



Then I walked on to the Mother of God neighborhood. There I took some pictures of the church. The inside of the church was on a previous post. It is still a very nice church and very old.



I then walked onto St. Mary Cathedral Basillica. The Cathedral is a very awesome structure. It has gargoyles on it's roof. The gargoyles include a bear, a pig, a woman and an elephant.











The one photo is behind the altar, where there is a clock. I thought that was kind of funny considering, my cousin (a Catholic priest) was given a watch because he talked so long during his sermon.

I will post more pictures later. I ran out of time since I have to be on the road to the West Chester Library where I am teaching a teenage class how to crochet.
Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment