28 June 2009

I Won!!!!

Our church has been very busy this summer. We just finished Vacation Bible School and I had the snacks again. I think I get it because I will battle that the foods have to be safe for all to eat, but I won't bow down and fix all the children special foods, just because they don't like something. (Evidenced by the child who came to me and said, "I'm hungry." then said, "My mother wants me to only eat hard foods." I told her that her mother should have fed her before she came - mean? Maybe, but we are not a restaurant and you don't get to choose your foods.)

So at church today, the children put on a "show" of sorts letting everyone know what they had learned all week. It was so fun to watch the children dancing and singing. After the last service we had our first B-B-Q and Lutheran Jello Contest. I wasn't trying to win. I was just using up leftovers from the week. So I made a Jello for church and brought it in. Here is the fun part: I won 1st place in the Lutheran Jello Contest. Then I had lots of requests for how I made this recipe. So I will share my secret:

2 containers Sugar Free Cool Whip (we have diabetics at church)
1 container (24 oz) Fat Free Small Curd Cottage Cheese
2 Sugar Free Jello - Strawberry Banana
2 cans crushed pineapple (drained)
4-5 bananas cut up
1 large jar maraschino cherries (drained)

Mix the first 3 ingredients together until well mixed. Add the other ingredients 1 at a time until well incorporated. Chill and serve.

How very simple and very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment