12 July 2009

Just some thoughts

I am sitting home alone. I can be introspective and I love the silence. My children are at Vacation Bible School at a little Baptist church 1/2 a mile from our house and they are ecstatically happy. My husband is at work and he will get off work about 7:00 p.m., but he rarely leaves then, he finishes up paperwork and he is searching for a job.

It seems strange that the time I feel most alone is when there are people around me (namely my children and husband). This is when everyone is striving for me to listen to every utterance they make, but when I talk to them about anything, they ignore me. I think this leads me to my loneliness more than anything else. But these are the hours where I can sit and knit or crochet, read or listen to tv while I work on something that requires my concentration.

It is weird that I would feel alone amidst all these people, but when I am alone and there is silence is when I am most at peace. I sometimes wonder how many others feel the same way?

At night, my husband wants my attention and even though I am not ready to sleep he wants me to come to bed with him. I want to work on something or read. In the morning, my girls get up way too early and then I am not allowed to work on anything either. So I am excited. For the next two weeks (5 nights a week) there are vacation Bible Schools. This week is Boomerang Express (they went to the one at Urbancrest Baptist Church), next week is Crocodile Dock (I forget the name of that church, but it is another small church. If I can find another the following week, I will be able to get back to my knitting.

Happy knitting or crocheting or cross stitching. I hope everyone has a restful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment