10 June 2013

More Links and some photos from today

Today, I finished cleaning another room (major cleaning) and then I took the girls across the street to go swimming. Just as they started to get in and get their gills wet, thunder!
 Those were some big, dark clouds! About 5 minutes after leaving the pool, the rain came and there was more thunder. Then out came the sun for awhile, but I was feeding them supper and doing laundry. After they were ready for bed, I put the dog out (due to begging from dog) and it was raining again, but this time a rainbow!
 A double rainbow! I love rainbows and it is nice to see two of them.

I am still working on the 2nd sock for my youngest. I need to finish a shawl and so many other things. But I keep finding so many other cool things to make for my girls and their friends.

This is also, KIP week. (Knit in Public Week). Saturday, I knit at McDonald's and Urbancrest Baptist Church. Sunday, I knit at Resurrection Lutheran Church. Today (Monday), I knit across the street at the pool while my girls got wet. Where have you been knitting?

I also found some recipes. The one that I think is fun is one that came from a preschool. It is called flubber:
What you need:
3/4 cup cold water
1 cup Elmer’s glue
liquid food coloring
1/2 cup hot water
1 teaspoon borax (you can find this in a box in the laundry aisle)

directions:
step 1: in bowl 1 – mix together the cold water, glue, and food coloring. set aside.
step 2: in bowl 2 – mix together the hot water and borax, until the borax is completely dissolved.
step 3: slowly add glue mixture to borax mixture. mix well. pour off excess water.
Store in an airtight container and have some fun! Great rainy day project

Toys/Amigurumi:
Piggy Bun
Perry the Platypus
Petite Purls
Teddy Bear Pillow
Trudie the Turtle
One Skein Rats (Halloween)


Baby:
Easy Bonnet

Dr. Who:
10 Dr Who

Accessories/Miscellaneous:
Flower Hair Tie
Anthro Inspired Braided Head Wrap
Shoe Rug
Teeny Tiny Treasure Bag
Swifter Cover

Scarf/Cowl:
Butter Cookie Scarf
Pucker Up Cowl
Butterfly Scarf
Feather and Fan Neck Scarf
Tweedy Eyelet Scarf
Easy Lacy Scarf
Ice Queen Scarf

Hats:
Start Stitch Football Hat

Slippers/Socks:
Mary Jan Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment