05 March 2017

First Weekend of Lent, 2017

I am diligently working on the 40 bags project. So far we have removed 8 bags (only 4 days). I have 4 more items to remove, if I can find a way to get rid of 2 of the bigger items (a trampoline, a see-saw and a treadmill), it would be good. Why am I getting rid of the trampoline? We have kids in neighborhood that don't respect owners rights and I cannot have it up without fear that someone's kid(s) will come into my yard and start jumping and get hurt and/or die from misuse. I have a see-saw that we bought for our girls and they have outgrown. I have a treadmill that I haven't used in 10 years because every time I used it there were complaints from my family about the noise created from my walking on it. I was able to get a exercise bike and I have been using that and so I need to remove the treadmill, so we have room.

I told my husband don't bother with taking things to the St. Vincent de Paul since they are not welcome to accepting things, like they used to, but he learned that they want everything cleaned to within an inch of it's life before they accept it. I will call the Vet's and see if they will help us with these items and see what happens. Maybe they will take them, maybe not, all I can do is ask. Failing that I guess I will do my hated thing and have a yard sale.

Are you doing the 40 bags challenge? How is it going for you?

Afghans:
Shark Afghan
Geometric Throw
Mayflower Baby Blanket
Tropical Pineapple Squares
Harvest Afghan for the farmer and his family.

Amigurumi/Toys:
Bunny
Bunny Brite
Monster Easter Egg
Hound Dog Pup
Woodland Owl
Unicorn
Stuff and Spill Picnic Basket

Bags:
Sunny Days Market Bag
Owl Bag love this pattern! So bright and colorful and best of all, cheerful!
Helping Hands Garden Bag I need to make at least two of these. I have friends who like (see love) to garden.
Open Face Ipad/Iphone Cozies

Cowls/Scarves:
Chevron Infinity Scarf
Bittersweet Cowl
Once Around Cowl I like this one.
Spring Cowgirl Cowl This is one my middle would love.

Hats/Headbands:
Grey Days Hat
Sea and Sand Hat
Slice of Life Hat
Dear Daisy Woodland Crown

Kitchen/Bath:
Crochet Bath Scrubbie
Groovy Dishcloth
Suncatcher Dishcloth
Crochet Angel Dishcloth
Monkey Dishcloths

Shawls/Wraps:
Monday Blues Shawl
Desert Lace Shawl
Sapphire Shawl

Slippers/Socks:
Rainbow Sherbet Socks - Here is something that I had to look up to make socks for my nephew. I was told his shoe size, but not his foot size (in inches, no less) and I needed to know this to make his socks so they fit his foot....so I googled this information and since I may need it again, I am saving this Shoe to Foot Size Chart.
Multicolor Sock
Spiral Socks

St. Patrick's Day:
Leprechaun Boot Cuffs

No comments:

Post a Comment