13 March 2011

Why Is It...?

We have some very unhappy people at my church and they choose to inflict their meanness on others. As a result, I am not very happy at church. My DDs are all in First Communion training and learning about Communion and what it means and will mean to them. There is one lady, that when her daughter asked her why Daddy went home, she made some very nasty remarks about how "Daddy went to get some breakfast," and how "Daddy is going through menopause." I am sure you get the picture. Well to make matters worse, I have been coughing pretty hard for awhile and due to circumstances beyond my control (my insurance and my PCP cannot get along and so have decided to part ways) I have not been able to get any good medication (at that point). I had a very bad coughing fit and when it was finished, she made the comment (in church and in front of everyone) "Are you going to live or should we amputate?" Seriously, I did not cry from the pain in my sides from the coughing and I didn't demand that people go get me water or anything else for that matter. I just coughed until it was over and then she made her comment. I pointed out to her that amputating lungs would essentially kill me, so I guess I am not going to live!

Today, during the class, the instructor, points out that there are only 2 ceremonies that Lutherans truly believe are from God. One, Baptism because God through his Son commanded that we all be Baptized and it uses water. The second, Holy Communion, because God through his Son, said take and eat of bread and take and drink from wine during His final meal with his Apostles. So in our celebration we use bread and wine. She then began to argue that God did not command it, that Jesus did and that is not God. We then asked her does she believe that Jesus is the Son of God? She said yes. To which we pointed out that He is then part of the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and that Jesus being part (Son) is able to command that we do these things in His Name. She just wanted to argue faiths and beliefs. I am sure that next week will be just another argument with her.

Next up, Why do some parents feel that it is perfectly okay to take their children somewhere and then leave? Case in point, my Girl Scout Troop parents, drop their children in the parking lot (they don't even come in!) and then drive away leaving the children. They don't come in to get the children (generally) and they treat this as a babysitting service. Today, another set of parents, dropped said progeny off at First Communion and promptly left. They didn't stay with the class and they didn't care. They just went on their merry way. Class had ended and the young child was still there without any parents to be found! Seriously folks, if you can't bring yourself to care, your child isn't going to care when they are old enough to go on their own!!!! Church is a family affair!!! Not a babysitting service so you can go home and sleep or shop, fill in the blank. Fun part, I called mom's cell phone and she didn't even have it turned on!!! The instructor for the course stayed at church waiting for her parent(s) to finally come and get her!

Thanks for the time. Weigh in on why you think parents are like this. I would like to hear what you are thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow
    you have seen some ugliness this month. Well spring is coming and the geese are here. Enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete