25 March 2011

2nd Grade Music Concert

My oldest DD is in 2nd grade and her class put on a show for the parents. They sang some songs and did some dancing and played some instruments. It was a very good show. The children who participated (there are about 400 students in her class) did a very good job.

This was the dancing section...they sang Loobie Loo at the same time.

We have had so much happening. My friends and I take our children to places that they can eat together, that they can play together and we get to socialize together. So Monday, we took the children to McDonald's and we talked about how the parks here in Lebanon are hubs for drug sales. It is sad, that there is so much drug trafficking going on at places where children play!

Tuesday, I worked in DD2's classroom. I helped her teacher with paper grading and then she honored me, by asking me to write her a referral. She said that since I have known her for three years and have had two children in her classroom, she felt that I knew the most about her abilities. She is looking for a job because her job her is tenuous due to budget concerns.

Wednesday, the friends got together again, for a special lunch and to let the children play. I ended up teaching 5 children (4 girls and 1 boy) how to knit. One of the girls found a dishcloth that I had just finished and she wanted to give it to her mom. Then her cousin (the boy) wanted one also for his mom, and I offered to let him help me make some of the stitches. He took me up on the offer. Then his cousins (2 of the girls) wanted a turn. One of those girls kept coming back to try again and again. Then another girl wanted a turn and then my daughter wanted a turn. It was so great! My friends took pictures. They loved that the children making a few stitches in knitting. I offered to formally teach the children if they so desired.

Today, is Friday. At 3:45 p.m. begins Spring Break! It is 38 degrees F and Sunday we have been told to expect 3 1/2 inches of snow! Well my plans are going to have to change around. I have plans for Spring Break, they do involve visiting my mother-in-law who is in a nursing facility. My husband has been helping his brother pack up his apartment to move back in with their dad to help take care of him and then their mom when she is finally able to return home.

Good Friday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment