20 March 2011

Memories of Disney

Between my sophmore and junior years of high school, my family and I went to Florida for a vacation. My mom was getting over her father's death. I was healing from a badly broken leg and badly sprained ankle. My sister (my youngest sister was not in the picture yet) was recuperating from a fall where she needed stitches. (My father says, I have one son, yet it is always my daughters that help me with my projects and they always get injured).

We went to lots of places. Homes that had gorgeous gardens (loved those). An amusement park that can also be found in VA. We went to the beach (not a fan...burning not fun). We went swimming (a lot). But we also went to Disney World. This was before Epcot (they were just starting to build it).

I hated every minute of it. I was pushed and shoved so much that I was in pain by the time we left. People cut in line (aka line jumpers) and it took so long to get on any of the rides and I think we only rode maybe 3 rides the whole entire time.
My memories of Disney are not good.

Now my daughters are watching all the "magical" commercials promoting Disney to try and get more people to come and visit. But I just don't want to go to Disney. I would rather take my children all other places, but I do not want to go to Disney. I hate the place. I also find that it costs so much to go that it is too expensive (in my mind) to take the girls. I don't want them to go one day and have tickets to go for 3 days knowing that I wouldn't mind going back, but if I spend that much money on Disney I want to get the most out of it.

I wish I could get them to realize that Disney doesn't even match up to Kings Island (here in Mason, OH). There are so many places that we could go and spend money better than Disney. Yes, I know Disney wouldn't be happy to know that my memories of the place aren't good, but that is what they are. I don't want to go back and I don't want to submit my children to that horrible place either!

No comments:

Post a Comment