29 August 2009

Updates....

I just thought since not much is happening, I would just do updates.

School started Thursday for my 1st grader. Monday, the Kindergartner and the Preschooler start. Yeah, School!!! All parents understand. No need to explain.

I am knitting or crocheting as much as possible. Things I need to finish before September:
1. A pink prayer shawl (on needles)
2. A lavender prayer shawl (on needles most finished)
3. A rainbow prayer shawl (on needles)
4. A purple clown (not even started)

Things I need to finish for October:
1. A purple child's hat (on needles 2 inches finished)
2. A purple child's scarf
3. A blue child's hat
4. A blue child's scarf
5. A pink child's scarf

Things I need to finish for December:
1. Afghan for Tim (on needles and is about 10 - 15% finished)
2. Afghan for Alexandra (on needle and is about 10 % finished)
3. Afghan for my sister's boyfriend (started last year, still not finished)
4. Afghan for my dad
5. Afghan for my father-in-law
(They are both started, but I haven't touched them in awhile)
6. Afghan for my brother
7. Afghan for my sister-in-law
8. Socks for Hannah (on needles ready to work heel)
9. Socks for Esther (on needles ready to work heel)
10. Socks for Nicki (On needles still have to finish the cuff)
(I still haven't finished my first sock and girl's are constantly asking for them)

I know that is a lot, but I have hope that I will get it finished, especially since school has started again!!

Next up. Something else I thoroughly enjoy is reading. I saw on another blog that there is the ABC Book Challenge where you try to read books or authors that start with the letter for example:

A - Airs Above the Ground by Mary Stewart

So here is the start of my list. I used my goodreads.com to help me with the names of some of the books I have read.

A - Alaska, A Novel - James Michener
B - Banker - Dick Francis
C - Conger, Beach - Bag Balm and Duct Tape: Tales of a Vermont Doctor
D - Dance Hall of the Dead - Tony Hillerman
E - Emma - Jane Austen
F - Fatal Voyage - Kathy Reichs
G - Go Ask Alice - Beatrice Sparks
H - Hamlet - William Shakespeare
I - I Want to Grow Hair, I Want to Grow Up, I Want to go to Boise - Erma Bombeck
J - Jungle Jack, My Wild Life - Jack Hanna
K - Killer Pancake - Diane Mott Davidson
L - Lake Wobegon Days - Garrison Keillor
M - Malice in Maggody - Joan E Hess
N - Naked Came the Manatee - Carl Hiaasen
O - Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
P - Peach Cobbler Murder - Joanne Fluke
Q - Quicksand - Iris Johansen
R - Return to the Hiding Place - Hans Poley
S - Sacred Visions - Andrew M. Greeley
T - A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
U - Unraveled Sleeve - Monica Ferris
V - Valentine Murder - Leslie Meier
W - Waking the Moon - Elizabeth Hand
X -
Y - Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Z - Zimkus, John J. - Historical Footnotes of Lebanon, Ohio

The only letter I seem to be missing is the X....I think I need to start looking at my library for books that have an author with the letter x or a book that starts with the letter x. But this is not bad. But then over the years I have read a lot of books.

Take the challenge and see how well you do. If you have a suggestion for the letter x leave it in comments.

2 comments:

  1. X Men by Marvel
    Malcolm X
    or you could really stretch it...
    The Haunted Rectory: The Saint Francis Xavier Church Hookers (they're rug hookers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-Plosion by Frank Dixon (Hardy Boys)
    The X'ed Out X-ray by Ron Roy, John Steven Gurney

    ReplyDelete