24 August 2009

Nicki's Afghan

I finished my youngest girl's afghan. It is bigger than I wanted it to be, but it covers her well and she loves it. If you want something like it for a full bed, then go with these directions. So I intend to share what I did and you can modify it to your needs.

Nicki's Afghan

Using Thick and Quick yarn, approximately 15 skeins.
Size N crochet hook (sorry it is crochet)

Chain 125
In 2nd chain from hook begin dc, continue to the end.
At end of the row, chain 2, skip on dc and begin dc to the end. Continue in this fashion until all the skeins are used up.

This is big enough to cover one full size bed or three small children. Have fun with it. I used some other skeins to give it some purple (my daughter chose the colors).

Now for some fun photos. I am working on an afghan for my brother-in-law and teaching my 7,6,4 1/2 year old daughters how to knit. I have been working with the older two girls for awhile off and on. So tonight, I had them each work a little on the afghan for my brother-in-law and I took their photo. When it is finished, I will include these photos with the afghan so that he knows how many hands have touched his special gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment