05 August 2009

Updates (Rainstorm allows for knitting)

Yesterday (Tuesday)we had quite a few storms come through our area and we got about 6 inches of rain (the bucket in the back yard had 6 inches of rain in it). Our backyard is flooded. The weathermen are saying more rain today. So today we are going to take the children to Kings Island before the rain starts to wear them out. Yesterday, my children had a fight over clothing (the older two girls are the same size). So one wore the top half of an outfit and the other wore the bottom.

Monday, I took the children to the beach. I did get some knitting accomplished, but I wasn't able to finish any projects because I had to watch the children in the water. So, I would stitch a few stitches and then watch the girls, stitch a few more stitches, watch the girls. I am quite sunburned (despite sunscreen) and the girls are quite tan.

So, while it stormed, I knit. I worked on my youngest daughter's afghan (this will be her Christmas or Birthday present).

I also completed 2 wash clothes. I used a softer cotton and crochted 2 granny squares. These are a soft blue color and they look pretty nice. I have a friend who is in the process of getting her own place, so I think they will be nice for her.

I also worked on the Hummingbird in flight dish cloth. I finally, finally finished it. It looks really nice. I don't know if the picture could ever do this item justice.

I also did some more work on my bathroom rug. Basically, I don't like the rugs you can find at the store - they aren't the right size for the area I need. So I have been using up the skeins that I used for dishcloths and have been working on this rug.

I also worked on Nicki's hat. I am not too fond of it yet. It seems too small. I did follow the pattern and my gauge is correct. Maybe when I get it finished it will seems right. It does seem to have some stretch to it.


So today after we get home, I am going to work on the hat some more. Work on one of the two prayer shawls I have on needles. Start the butterfly in flight dishcloth (same source as the hummingbird). Work some more on the afghan. It is longer than my daughter and just a little wider than she is (what can I say, she is tiny). So I want to make it as wide as her bed or a little wider. Then I will work on the clown for my neice, her hat and scarf set and her afghan. I will be finishing several afghans.

No comments:

Post a Comment