09 August 2009

The Wreckers came to visit

My children are, on the whole, very good children. But every now and then something gets into them and they are "the wreckers." Yesterday, I decided I would give the kitchen a good scrubbing (that is not to say, I don't clean it, I do. I just like to scrub behind, under, in). During one of my, "I have to get away from the children's fighting moments," (I went upstairs) the younger two decided to take the mop, the broom and the swifter and "mop" the floor. When I came down, because one of "the wreckers" had fallen on the water mess they had made, I found a floor that was sopping wet. I made them use towels to dry the water from their mess.

To give you an idea, they knew they were in the wrong, because they hid from me. No, I don't beat them. When they make me mad enough, I fold my hands and say in an ominous voice, "Wait until your father gets home!" They know that this is the moment that they have gone way to far and they know that soon Daddy will be the enforcer, because he is far enough from what happened that he won't kill them. Where I on the other hand have been pushed too far and would do damage if I touched them. Since, I know this, I leave it to him to punish. I clean up the mess.

Usually, by the time he gets home, the mess is cleaned up and I have calmed down. The children are safe and sound. Then he says, they lose something that they wanted to do. It is too funny. But, they have learned not to push to that point. I have also started making them clean up the mess that they made. I also make them do it until it is at my standards. So for over an hour they were on their hands and knees cleaning the floor. So until supper last night, the floor was very clean! I guess I should let them do that more often, the floor would sparkle and they would know how to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment