07 August 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Today, I made Zucchini Pancakes for breakfast. Now you have to understand, I don't measure when I make pancakes, I just dump. I use Bisquick for the batter. I dump in some olive oil, applesauce, 2 eggs, vanilla (about 1 tsp), soy milk (about 1/2 cup) and then I chopped up some zucchini and added it. I didn't tell the children it was in their pancakes and I served them as usual. They shoveled the pancakes into their mouths, loving every bite. Then after they were finished and Sissy only had 2 bites left, she found some zucchini. My oldest says, "The pancakes were good until I found out you added zucchini."

Oh, well. Just goes to prove if you don't try something you'll never find out if you like it. I wouldn't do this with someone with an allergy because it could cause some major problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment