21 August 2009

The Wreckers have Returned....

Today, we watched Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone. My girls have been wanting to watch these movies and I have been reluctant due to their age and wanting to be able to sit and watch it with them so that we could discuss what they are seeing and have them realize that these are fiction and that it didn't really happen. After that, I still wanted to work on Nicki's afghan. Every time I have touched it, it has been dark and difficult to work on or there were children trying to get under it and pulling it out of my hands. I only have one more skein to attach. Hopefully, tonight it will be finished.
So while I cleaned up messes, the wreckers came out and created more. In the family room, they threw their stuffed toy around and then when they were finished, they moved onto the living room and threw around marbles. They then walked away leaving that mess and created another. The children have informed me that I am mean. What is new.

In memorium:
I took an orange and white male neutered cat to the Warren County Shelter Wednesday. They put him down. I was told that this was a no-kill shelter. I was lied to. They put him down saying they have no room for adult cats and then they said because he was terrified of the dog in the kennel that he was agressive. Please note, my children held this cat next to the dog, all he did was hiss. He did not scratch any of us. I will never take any other animals to them. I don't know what I'll do with the animals, but I won't take the animal to them.

I have contacted them on several occasions. One time because a wild animal had gotten into my garage and had trapped my children in the van and me away from the van. I had to have the police come (what wonderful men - they helped me get the children inside and got the animal out) and remove the animal. Another time, someone's dog was chased into my yard. I brought him into my house and cared for him while waiting for the dog catcher to come and get him. The dog catcher went to Maineville, Ohio (a whole wrong direction). They are to all intents and purposes useless. I wish they would change their attitudes. The people who greet you when you come to look at animals are way nicer than the people who take the animals you are bringing or contacting for help with animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment