18 August 2009

Cats (Again) and some finished projects

Let's start with the cats. I previously mentioned that we had adopted two cats. Both are males, we call them Buster and Houdini. They are really wonderful cats, very loving and they take a lot from the girls. They have been watching the cats that we have been caring for outdoors. First, we had Doofus. We think he is dead. I was never able to catch him and he hasn't been around for awhile. Now, there is Lucky. She is a beautiful black cat. But she is very freaked out by movement. She is getting used to the sound of my voice and doesn't run as long as I stay on the inside of the screen door. She also doesn't run away when the girls come to the door. This is progress. Tonight, I finally caught Patches. Patches is an orange and white cat. Fixed male with his claws. He is very scared. The girls were running and talking very loud and he was freaking out. My husband and I set him up in the garage. He has a litter box, food and water and a blanket. He started exploring right away and he is very calm in the garage at the moment. I can also lock the door to the garage in a way that won't allow the girls to open it. Tomorrow, Patches will be looking for a home at the Cook Road, Lebanon, Ohio Shelter. He is really sweet and I think with a lot of love he will make an awesome pet for someone.
Isn't he a sweet looking boy.

Now on to other projects. School is starting and I needed to go through my daughter's clothing and sort it so that it was in correct sizes. To do this I started to pull clothing out of one closet and then I decided that I needed to take photos for everyone to see what I have on my hands.

These are my daughters closets. Two girls who are the same size share a closet and the youngest has a small closet all to herself. When I started sorting, I discovered that most of the clothes were for the youngest girl....6 (six) whole boxes of clothes are for her. Now seriously, I could let this child where one set of clothes every day (except panties, socks, undershirts and pjs) for 4 months before I had to do wash for her. I made her get rid of some of the clothes. We compromised. We kept the dresses, the shorts (she wears those under her dresses), but she would thin out the t-shrts and blouses. There were just too many of them. I have 3 bags of clothes in size 4-6 t-shirts and blouses to give away. Then after summer is over I will have many summer dresses and some shorts (not all, remember she wears them under her dresses) that will be going to the Good Will or to anyone who says, "I'll take the clothes!" That was one of my big projects finished. It took two days. One for the older girls closet and one for the younger girls closet.

Then onto the knitting front. I would like to give a big thank you to Wendy Knits. I borrowed her book from the library and found this awesomely simple pattern for a hat. So simple, I could remember it to make my darling daughter a simple pink, worsted weight wool hat. She loves it (altough you need to consider it is summer and it was early morning and she was not in the best of moods).

She will wear this hat every day of the winter. I will be making her a simple knit 3, purl 3 scarf, so that it ribs like her hat. Now, if I could only find an easy mitten pattern.

Now, I am going to check on Patches and then I will work on DD 3's afghan. I am almost finished and I am excited about that.

1 comment:

  1. Just as I finished posting this, my husband tells me there is another cat in our backyard. This one looks like our black and white cat.....Poor cats.

    ReplyDelete