01 September 2009

1st Day of School, Art Museum and Projects

Well, I have some photos. The first are pictures of my projects that I am working on at the present time.
The first shows the three prayer shawls I have on needles, the dishcloth, the hat for my neice (it is purple) and her afghan (also purple). Then I took another photo of her afghan as it progressed it was 16 x 17". I have put some more stitches on it, since the photo was taken.

I started a project where I take my girls one by one to the art museum so that they can look at all the different forms of art and make sketches of things they liked. I started with DD#2. I left the camera in the car, because the rule used to be that you could not take the camera into the museum. So with her I only took an exterior photo. I then took her into the museum and in about an hour she was demanding that we leave. She demanded that we leave home to get to the museum, then she demanded we leave the museum. She just does not like these things. But, I will continue to work on her, because I know that it is important that she learn appreciation for many different things.

The next day, I took DD#1 (she was at school on Friday). She loved the museum. On this day, I brought my camera into the building and took some photos as we went through the museum. She did some sketches and we spent about 2 hours in the building before she asked if we could leave. She did seem to enjoy the building, but it is very large and there is art in every room. She would admire the art, and point to items that she liked. She also, would ask if we could stop long enough for her to draw something She would ask a few times for us to stop so she could sketch and I would also sketch with her or find something close by that I wanted to sketch.

School has Started!!!! My girls are all in school finally!!! DD#1 started Thursday and she loved every moment of it. Although, once she was home she didn't give information about her day easily. I had to keep calling her name to get her attention and ask the question several times. Yesterday, she finally told me that one of the boys has started hitting her and she told the teacher and this boy was supposedly sent to the principal's office. What a way to start the year!

DD#2 began school Monday! She was so excited, she was bouncing around and couldn't wait for her bus to get here. On Thursday, she was giving me some major attitude because she didn't get to go to school and her sister did!

No comments:

Post a Comment