19 August 2009

Look....

Look back and thank God
Look forward and trust God.
Look around and serve God.
Look within and find God!"
God closes doors no man can open
and God opens doors no man can close.

I loved this quote. It came at a good time. I thank God for many things. I thank him for my wonderful family. All of them!! Those I don't see hardly at all anymore and those I see every day. I thank God for my husband. He is a wonderful man (he took the children swimming). He works hard and loves us with his whole heart. I couldn't have found a better man than him without God's guidance. I trust that God will help my husband find a new job. That this job will lead to wonderful things where ever the job is at. I try to serve God by doing good things for others. I know that selling the clothes that are lying in bags around my house would not help anyone, but by giving them away I can help people who need something for their children and couldn't afford to go shopping for new clothes. Some of these clothes are in like new condition. Others have been worn, but will make nice play clothes that don't need to be worried about. What can I say, my middle girl is best known for her messing skills. I also try to care for others. I catch and care for other people's cats. I try to make sure that the cats get some good care, but in the case of the cat I took to the pound today. He was terrified and he was labeled a "bad cat" and so they are going to put him down, unless the owners come and claim him. My neighbors left their house unlocked and open. We tried to make sure they weren't inside first or hanging around outside and then we called the police. We locked her car (which was open) and the police officer searched their house and then we locked up the house and locked the car. Now they are going to have to get in when they get home and they are going to have to contact the police. The officer told me to watch the house and call if we see something suspicious. When we happen to notice that they have come home we will contact them (aka walk over) and let them know that the house had been left open and that we contacted the police. I just don't know what their reaction is going to be. They aren't the most sociable people. They are way younger than we are and don't have children, so we don't really do much with them.
Looking within seems to be the hardest thing for me to do. I do pray to God daily. I know that he is listening because there have been answers to my prayers. Maybe not in the way I would have wanted but in a way that was meaningful to me. So much to think on. I wonder what everyone's list would look like if they made one for thanking God.

No comments:

Post a Comment