30 April 2016

April Coming to a Close

Hard to believe that April is ending. It has flown by. We had snow, very little rain (usually my backyard is a swamp) and lots of sun. We had a lovely storm on a Friday, with a little bit of hail and beautiful rainbows!

We have cut the grass many times this month (usually we have to wait for it to dry out before we can cut and then hire someone to cut the swamp). We have gone on field trips and seen butterflies. We watch the birds as they gather around the bird feeders, calling them welfare birds, but knowing that we will continue to feed them, as they entertain the cats throughout the day (and us, too).

It has been such a pretty April and we have been enjoying life of open windows and being outside and grilling out. I am looking forward to grilling through the summer! Experimenting with different recipes on the grill.

I really cannot believe we have come to the end of April. It seems like the month just started and now it is ending. Wow! May is around the corner. We have birthdays to celebrate! We have Mother's Day to celebrate. Last year, we celebrated it in the hospital with my mom. She was in the CCU for that one, her last. But she was surrounded by her family. That hasn't happened in awhile. I will usually call, but I didn't go down. Last year, we went down. It was very crowded in the room with all the family. This year, we will go our own way and celebrate my daughter. Without her, I would not be a mother and she came early, so I was able to celebrate my first Mother's Day 14 years ago. Last year, her birthday was not celebrated the way we had in the past. I was afraid to go too far from home. It seemed just when I thought I could go somewhere, I would receive another text saying something else had happened. I ordered her cake from my friend's cafe. She makes the best cakes. So inventive and tasty. Her name is Sabrina and she owns The Nook Cafe in Maineville, OH. If you are in Ohio, you need to check out her cafe.

Recipes:
Pixar Ratatouille This is a fun link. I will make some version of it as I love veggies and this looks fun.

Afghans:
Country Star Afghan
Square Stripes Baby Blanket
Hexagon Afghan with tutorial
Garden Gate Afghan
Joyous Squares
Mountain Mists Afghan

Amigurumi:
Spicy Crab Cake

Bag:
Garden Tote Bag

Flowers:
Crochet Orchid

Just for Fun:
Lollipop Angel
Gopher Golf Club Cover - this would also be a wonderful Father's Day present for dads who play golf and possibly love the "Caddyshack" movie. My husband used to play golf a few weekends during the spring and summer and fall months, but hasn't played as much.

Kitchen:
Starburst Dishcloth
Crochet Placemats

Scarf:
Zodiac Scarf

Shawl:
Bridal Shawl

Slippers/Socks:
Anatomy of a Hand Knit Sock




No comments:

Post a Comment