28 September 2015

October is Almost Here!

Wow! September is almost over and it is hard to believe that it has been a month since my mother has moved on. Over a year ago, I joined a group of people who help genealogists find information in cemeteries. Basically, you receive a request to walk a cemetery near your location and take photos of the stone. If you cannot, you provide information on the cemetery (for instance, it is very old and the stones are missing, broken of faded beyond reading) and send it to the requester. It is a great service and it is fun to walk the cemeteries and find what is a help to another person. I took a list and my daughters and we went and walked a cemetery and found quite a few. We will be working on another very old cemetery tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Here are more from the FB pages:

Patterns:
Hermione's Mitts
20 Stash buster Blanket Squares
Little Pigs
Elephants
Candy Corn Baby Hat
Mystery Amigurumi - CAL with Crochet Crowd -
Dover Plains Box Afghan
Hobbes - Cat
Parlor Cat
Laid Back Cat
Share Kitty - I need to make this for a friend's daughter...she likes pinks.
Reusable Swiffer Pads

Recipes:
Slow Cooker Lava Cake - need to buy chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips and ice cream!
Challah Bread Recipe
Iris Cohen Video for braiding rolls
Pumpkin Bread and Icing


Homeschooling:
Anatomy of a Eye with food
Non-Newtonian Fluid
Gallery Astrophotographs
How to Use a Semicolon
8 Science YouTube videos
50 Reasons Homeschoolers Like being Homeschooled


Halloween:
Harry Potter Style Party

Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas

Books:
Cozy Fall Reads
Best YA Books
14 Laugh Out Loud Books
14 Books Like "To Kill A Mockingbird"
13 Books That Aren't on HS Reading Lists

FUN:
Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog
Words to "Slipping"

A few weeks ago, I caught my daughter listening to something and another daughter knew what. When I found out, I had to research the song and found out about this little Sing-a-long blog. I watched it after the kids went to bed and loved it. Then I let the watch it. Now they watch it more often. They sing with it and love the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment