02 October 2015

Ducky



6 years ago, a small black cat appeared in my back yard. She was starving and scared. She was very feral. So very slowly, I started by putting food and water out where she could come down and get it safely. I would keep the door open a crack (not much just enough that I could talk to her). I would talk to her while she ate. Eventually, after months of this, she would let me sit outside with her. Then, finally, she let me touch her. This was how we found out that she was a girl. As Halloween was approaching we decided that we would empty the garage of cars and set it up for her to be in until we could get her to a vet and then decide what to do from there. She turned out to be a very healthy 1 year old cat. She is still tiny, but she has become a great blessing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment