27 August 2010

My Child was Missing

Yesterday, was the first day of school for my older DDs. They got to school, they had lunch went to library and played with their friends. They ate their lunch and brought home more papers for me. Then it was time for them to come home. My middle DD did not come home on the bus. She was missing. No one knew where she was. I called the school and was told she was on a bus and definitely not at school. The buses were being searched for her.

Happiness: She was found. She got on the wrong bus. She went for a ride on the bus. My baby was missing for over an hour. I paced and paced and paced.

I made a missing child picture using the first day of school photo on the off chance it was needed. It showed her from her head to her toes.

Today, she is to be placed beside her sister who has been given instructions to hold her hand and make sure she gets on the right bus. They don't have to sit next to each other, but she has to stand beside her, she has to hold her hand and she has to go where she goes. I don't want a repeat of today.

We keep reminding her that she needs to get on Bus 36 and that I will be waiting for her to come home. I had to promise to make my oldest DD something so that she is compensated for her trouble and embarassment for having to watch over her younger sister. Next year, I am sure that I will have to have Esther watched by her younger sister (my youngest DD).

Here is the poster I made and have been teasing her with:

No comments:

Post a Comment