03 August 2010

Value City Furniture is Terrible

I bought three chests to use as dressers for my children. I went and picked them up from Value City today and brought them into the house. I lifted them gently and did not drop them, but one broke at the bottom and when I took it out of the box (ha, ha) it was coming apart at the bottom. I called and they ordered another to replace the broken one.

I opened the other two and when my husband and I were lifting the one to carry it up the stairs, I got a nail in my hand and then when we went to flip the chest to carry up the stairs, we discovered why I got a nail in my hand. The bottom of this one was coming apart. The whole bottom is coming apart.

I think I would like the kind where I build it and then I can use wood glue to help hold them together and they wouldn't be coming apart at the bottom. It's not like they are heavy and it is not like I dropped them. I lift 50 lb bags of cat litter all the time. I lift 40 lbs bags of water softener salt all the time. So lifting these were not difficult. Not entirely easy, but I didn't drop them and I didn't need to drag them.

It is frustrating to get something new and have to return it to the store and have new ordered. Seriously, I would think we could at least get a few years from them before they fall apart.

I wish I could buy better furniture, but that is low on priority list considering how my children have broken the other chests in the past. I really don't want to spend great quantities of cash on something that could potentially be used as a stepping stool by a child.

Oh Well, life goes on. Have a good week.
Remember Value City Furniture is poor quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment