06 August 2010

Value City Funiture Continued

Okay, so I purchased some really cheap furniture to store clothing for my daughters. I brought it home on Tuesday and two of the pieces broke....they were stapled together. I called the store and told them my sad tale of woe and they reordered the broken pieces and my husband goes to get them. Now here is the funny part: It is Proudly Made in the USA. I don't think I would want to advertise that information!!! Seriously you are proud of this work!!! We get the pieces up the stairs and take the boxes (ha, ha) off the pieces and start putting the knobs on them. My daughters are excited and then....the drawers break on all THREE pieces!!! Seriously, I sat there with pieces of chest in my hands looking at the staples that were meant to hold them together!!! Again, this was PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA. I remember a time where people were proud of the work they did and now here we have this junk!!! Pieces of furniture that fall apart when moved!!! Now I took photos and I will download these later and post here and on Facebook. I really think people need to be warned you do not want to buy furniture made by the company (Harden Manufacturing) and Value City (since they sell this junk). Seriously, if they are proud of this work something is seriously wrong with them.

In one way we are fortunate...I have a hammer (and I know how to use it) and I have nails (again I know how to use them) and I have a husband (to lend the extra hands) and we used wood glue and we reattached the pieces of drawer (can you say I really did not want to call them again and reorder the parts, sitting waiting with 3 broken chests waiting for new ones that would fall apart also.

So be warned do not purchase Harden Manufacturing furniture from anywhere, especially Value City Furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment