05 July 2010

Updates on Projects

I started another scarf. One of my own creation using a stitch dictionary. It is quite pretty and my daughter already likes it. Make one of your own and have fun with it.

Wrap Mock Cable Scarf
By Mary Hofacre

Need:1 skein yarn (or more for an adult)
Size US 11 knitting needles
Directions:
Cast on 16
Row 1-4 Knit
Row 5: k4, p3, k1, p3, k5
Row 6: k4, *p1, sl1, k2, psso k2, repeat from * one time, k4
Row 7: k4, *p1, yo, p1, k1, repeat from * one time, k4
Row 8: k4, *p1, k3, repeat from * one time, k4
Row 9: k4, *p3, k1, repeat from * one time, k4
Row 10: k4, *p1, sl1, k2, psso k2, repeat from * one time, k4
Row 11: k4, *p1, yo, p1, k1, repeat from * one time, k4
Repeat rows 6 –11 until desired length, then finish with 4 rows of knit and cast off.
Weave in ends.

I also started working on another hat. I am using a size 8 circular needle (short connection) with Alpaca yarn for my middle daughter. I am more than halfway finished. It is really nice. I think it will need to be very long so that it will fit her large head. She models it whenever I want to check it and make sure it would fit her head.

I am also working on dishcloths for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law - an Army Eagle set and a Navy Eagle set. Patterns are from RaAnn Clegg. Love her site. I have attached a spot numerous times, so please check her out.

Now for something funny. My older girl wrote a note to my younger daughters: It reads: Rules Out of my bedroom and keep qite (quiet)E and N because I need nice and qite (quiet) or I'll bring the snakes out. She has a large collection of stuffed and plastic snakes. My husband and I spent a good deal of time laughing about this note.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July. Keep safe throughout the week. When I finish some of my projects I'll post some more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment