09 July 2010

It Has Finally Happened...

Yes, it has finally happened, a day that I didn't want to touch yarn. I knit all the time. I go to parks with my children and knit while they climb, swing and play. I go to the zoo and knit while they check out the animals (even while walking from place to place). I go to a beach, water park or pool and knit while my children get wet. But yesterday (Thursday, July 8, 2010) it was so hot and humid that I just did not want to pick up the yarn or my needles. It was horrible. I wanted to knit, but just the thought of holding my daughter's hat (an alpaca yarn) or a dishcloth (kitchen cotton) and I just couldn't do it. My husband also noticed that I hadn't knit a stitch that day. It has been a long time since that has occurred. Now too cold to knit happens every winter. I am very cold intolerant. At night I begin to shake from the cold and just have a very difficult time getting warm. But I will knit almost every day. The only time I don't seem to knit is when I have so much to accomplish that I just can't seem to fit in a period of knitting.

I would love to hear if anyone else has run into a time where they just didn't want to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment