27 July 2010

Finished and working on

I thought I would just show and update in photos for the things that I have finished and am working on. I did finish 2 scarves in the past two days (it helps when you have 1 hour in a doctor's office to work on things).

1. Dishcloth (for brother-in-law in Maryland). I am using a pattern for a Navy Eagle designed by RaAnn Clegg. I really do enjoy her patterns.

2. Hat (restarted for DD2). I am using Alpaca yarn for this hat and originally was working in a 3x3 rib. But since I restarted, I am using a pattern from a book called Hat's On! I know that she will like it when it is finished. The cast on was different than I am used to and I was very glad to get it cast on.

3. Scarf for DD3. I finished this in the doctor's office while waiting an hour for the appointment. DD3 really likes this scarf, she was willing to model it and then put it away.

4. Scarf for Neice (in MD), she told me she likes pink. Everyone else tells me her favorite color is purple. When I asked her what color hat and scarf she would like she requested pink. DD3 did not want to pose for this one. She and the neice are the same size (given they are 6 weeks apart in age).

5. Afghan for brother-in-law (MD). I started this last year for him last year and I have been working on it peicemeal with help from the girls. They have been wanting to help with it.

6. Afghan for sister's live in boyfriend. I have the last panel on needles. When that is finished I am going to stitch it together. It has just enough pink in it to make a point, but not a lot. A few years ago, I made an afghan for my sister and she complained about the quantity of pink in it.

7. Afghan for couple leaving our church to move to WV. The lady in this couple gave me the latest stash aquisition that caused me to cast on so many scarves and afghans.

8. Clown for Neice (MD). I have been working on this off and on for awhile, but I want it finished in time for Christmas.

9. Penguin for Neice (MD). The penguin is started but buried under all the other things. I just didn't want to move too much stuff.

10. Scarf for DD2. She went stash diving in the new yarn and chose some that she wants me to use to create her new scarf. (All my girls get new hats and scarves yearly. We keep the old if it fits, but they get new also for each school year). I just started it this afternoon.

11. Socks for DD1. The socks are also buried under so much other stuff.
12. Socks for DD2
13. Socks for DD3

14. Hat for friend's baby. Friend's of ours had a baby in May, who is very tiny. I am making a hat using a pattern that I found on Henya's (Chicken Stitches) blog. It is so cute, but I am using different colors. She used black and white.

15. Afghan for friend's daughter (Tori). Her mother was going to make her an afghan before she was born, but did not get around to it, so she gave me the yarn and told me this. I think she should have her afghan, so I am using the yarn to create a small afghan for her daughter. I have a nice start on it. I have been working on it when I have been on the computer and it is running slow.

Oh well, I am just glad to know I am making progress. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment