18 July 2010

It's Sunday?

I can't believe that it is Sunday. Last week, my husband killed his car. The engine blew up. So now we are again without a vehicle. Which means I go without a car until my husband can take time off during the day to come home, get us and then we take him back to work and then we pick him up at the end of the day.

Saturday, we had family over (they have three children, also). It was great we had a good time. We played cards (they won way more games than my husband and I did), but I didn't care. It was fun to have other adults to talk with and for the children to have other children to play with. My nephew went to their house and then came up to ours. While they were here, the hat that I was almost finished with (I was working on the crown) was destroyed...I cried. It was cathartic to roll it up into a ball. I learned a lesson...lock my knitting behind doors when my cousins come to visit. It was as much my fault as his, he is just 4 and has never been around knitting and I have trained my girls and cats well...you want knitted love, you don't touch stuff on needles. Good thing I love to knit and crochet.

I did finish my daughter's scarf. It turned out really nice. I added a red border to the edges, so it is very Christmasy. She likes it and that is what is important.

I will be restarting my middle DD's hat tomorrow. I am debating how I want to start it. Do I want to go back to the k3, p3 ribbing that was going along so nicely or do I want to go k1, p1 ribbing. Something to think about.

We took our DDs to the beach. They love anything to do with water. You give them options...ride rides, play in water. Play in water wins hands down. I took my DDs to Boonshoft Museum. It is a really nice museum and they loved being there. We also took my neice to the Cincinnati Museum and then we spent time with her at Kings Island. My brother-in-law wanted to go and he took the older girls and my cousin and I took the younger girls and the boy. We had to whole family over after Kings Island, so the kids got to play together some more and we got to visit. It was really nice.

So here is my project list:
Calendars (I make calendars for my family using family photos)
Hats (I refuse to think what I am getting myself into)
Scarves (it gets more and more complicated)
Afghans (yeah, I have a few people I haven't made them for like my middle DD)
Prayer Shawl (I only need one)

So when Christmas finally hits, I may still be working on something! But there is good news I received more yarn as a gift today! I have been trying very hard not to buy yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment