20 July 2010

Trapped at home

We only have a few short weeks before the end of summer and school starts. We took the children shoe shopping over the weekend. That was a challenge. DD 1 and 3 were very easy. We found their size and a shoe that they liked no problem, but DD 2 found a shoe that she liked but not in her size. Then my husband and I also picked out some shoes.

We took the children with us as we ran around looking for a replacement computer for me. My old computer (over 6 years old) was overheating every time it was turned on, so I had to replace it. My oldest DD needs to be able to play a game to help her with her hearing and learning disability. So it was necessary to get a new computer. So very difficult to do.

We had company over on Saturday and that was a lot of fun. The children ran and played and ran and played and when the company left the children collapsed. On Sunday, it was very difficult to get everyone moving, but we did.

Monday, my husband took my car to work and then the girls and I have to wait at home for him to return so that we can return him to work and we can go out. We ran a few errands and then went to the zoo for about 2 hours. We then stopped at my mother's house to use their facilities (cleaner and more of them than at gas stations) and then we drove to my husband's work so that we could pick him up and bring him home.

Today, we are back to waiting on my husband to come home so we can go out to libraries and pay bills. Then we are going to libraries to return materials and turn in the girls reading sheets. I don't think we are going to finish the Centerville Libraries challenge (too far to travel when your car isn't available). We finished the challenge at our Library. The girls earned every prize they offered. After the library, I am going to take them to a museum. They love going to museums, especially the ones that have hands on activities.

Have a great day and try not to melt in the humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment