17 July 2010

Broken things and a Finished Scarf

I finished my daughter's scarf. It turned out so cute. I added a red border around the finished scarf. She likes it. That is all that matters.

I am still working on so many other projects. Considering that my husband killed his car (the engine blew up) I will have more time. The girls and I are trapped at home because he needs to take my car to work daily.

My computer has taken a turn for the worse. I had to finally replace it, but now I can't get my printer loaded. It doesn't like the newest program for Windows. Frustration. I will have to work on this.

We had girl scouts last night and we had a lot of fun. We put life savers candies and mentos candies into bottles of soda to see which would shoot off the highest. Diet Coke with Mentos won on first, but life savers always won on seconds.

We spent a few days with my niece. It was wonderful. We went to museums and Kings Island. We had all the cousins together again. But I should specify, my children and their cousins and then the Cincinnati branch of 2nd cousins. They had so much fun together.

We have taken the girls to a beach. We went to the Boonshoft Museum (my girls love to go to museums) We went to Cincinnati Museum Center with my niece (her first time there) and then we had a few doctor appointments - my middle girl is over 100% for her height. My oldest girl has a hearing impairment that can affect her learning. We go swimming regularly. It helps that there is a pool across the street. I also signed the girls up for another week of VBS. Another round of Saddle Ridge Ranch. They loved it. They still have their "vests" and "hats."

I will attempt to finish a hat, an afghan or two and a few other little things. I will post as I finish them. Wish us luck on finding a new car for my husband to drive into the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment