01 June 2009

More Troubles

Does it ever seem like troubles just follow a person? It seems that way to me. We have been dealing with the worry of my husband having a job and working on our fallback position. Him getting additional training for something that everyone needs and will call for help - like HVAC or Auto Repair.
Then we dealt with the doctor finding a growth in my throat. Granted nothing is showing, but I will have to go through more testing in 5 months.
Then my husband's employer has decided that the insurance carrier was overcharging (which they probably were) and we have to deal with the change over of insurances....We are at zero, but we are supposed to have credit for all the previous charges that actually got us to our deductible in the first place. The monies that were held out were never credited to our HSA account and no one can find the money?
My middle girl fell at a playground and broke her arm at the elbow. So we are dealing with that as well. Urgent Care, Ortho Clinic, return visit in 3 weeks. She is the happiest of the three girls - the other two are mean and demanding.
To add to all of this - my washing machine (granted not as old as Sir Washie from the Yarn Harlot or even as reliable), decided to breathe it's last! Now I have to call in the repairman who accuses me of not taking care of my washing machine and being an imbecile! If it weren't for the fact that it is still under warranty (never buy a Maytag!) I wouldn't use the group that gets sent to us, because of their rude repairman.
But I have finished two more prayer shawls and have given them to the people they were intended for, along with a prayer lapghan for a man from church who was in a serious car accident. I also finished a swatch wrist thing. It is a swatch, made in the round, for a wrist to see if the person receiving will be allergic to this yarn - Alpaca. Two of my friends are allergic to wool, but my one friend wants a very specific present and so, I made a swatch for her to wear on her wrist. I hope there isn't a problem.
I am also making a scarf using some yarn I purchased from the Yarnarian - beautiful rainbow shaded yarn. This scarf is in the round, and will hopefully hold up for a few years. The last scarf I made for my oldest was destroyed by the boys on her bus and at school. They used it as a tug of war rope and they also destroyed her hat. She was devastated and didn't want to ride the bus to school anymore. But we talked with her bus drivers and they took care of the boys acting up. But next year is a new year.
I hope that all of my friends are doing well and that we are able to come together soon. Take care dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment