13 June 2009

The New Washer Has Finally Arrived!!!!!




It is Saturday morning and we are still waiting for the new washer. I have piled all the dirty laundry at the foot of the stairs, so that when it finally arrives, I only have to sort and wash.


I have taken a photo of my old washer, the offending Maytag. When the men came to take this one away, he opens it, looks inside and says, "It really is broken! How did that happen?" I am not sure what he is talking about and I look inside and say, "No, that is how it is made." He says, "No wonder it broke." This particular model does not have a center piece.


This is the pile of laundry that I have waiting for me and that I am ever so glad I do not have to haul out to a laundromat today! My girls are also, very happy that I am not hauling this all out today as well. At this point, I am about halfway through the pile.



The delivery men called at 9:00 a.m. and said that they would be delivering the new washer about 9:20-9:25 a.m. They arrived at 9:48 a.m.
I was waiting and watching. I am very grateful that I was their 2nd delivery of the day. Here is something funny: their first delivery of the day was Ms. Patty Marquis, my oldest girl's teacher. They told me that her dishwasher had leaked all over her floor and was a big mess that had to be cleaned up.




Now, I have my new washer a GE Profile, Energy Star. I am happy because I have 2 loads washed, 1 dried and 1 drying. I am presently washing my 3rd load. I have about 3 more to go and the laundry is drying faster. My children will be happy, also because then I can take them swimming tomorrow after church.


Now for a fun story. Last Sunday, while at church, I was looking out one of the windows at the garden, when I noticed a very interesting movement. It turned out to be a chipmunk. He was digging up the seeds and bulbs and eating them. I also know that it will never be destroyed. All life is precious and so more than likely he will live a long life. But I knew that no one believe that I saw this little creature without proof, so I took out my camera and took this photo.
I am looking forward to going to church on Sunday to see if this little guy is still busily eating the seeds and bulbs.
Have a good Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment