27 June 2009

The Children

I finally told the children about how Daddy is having to look for another job and my oldest says, "Is he going to work on a garbage truck?" I explained to them that we may have to move and my oldest girl starts crying and says, "I'll never get to see Hannah, again." I explained that she would make new friends. My middle girl asks, "Will the cats come with us?"
I told them that we would not be moving tomorrow, but that I needed to start packing things away in boxes and that they were going to have to start helping to keep the house immaculately clean, so that when it went on the market, people would consider it. What a bad time to have to move. When we moved here, I told my husband I never wanted to move again, but someone upstairs is laughing, because I am packing.
I would really like my husband to get another job quickly. I just want it to be something that he wants. He is very talented and does good work. He is a hard worker. I told him to get written letters of reference from the people at work that would be beneficial to him.
Today, I will be entertaining the children. Hopefully, I can wear them out and they go to sleep early tonight. Last night they were up until almost 11 p.m. Way to late for my crew.
I am still working on prayer shawls. I am also working on a scarf for my oldest girl and some afghans. But with no down time to work on anything, I haven't actually touched a project since Monday (we went to the Columbus Zoo and I could knit in the car for awhile).
When the scarf is finished, I'll post the pattern (I developed this one) and some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment