03 June 2009

My Maytag Neptune

Well, it is official....the Maytag Neptune (our 2nd in 3 years) has died and will not be repaired. It seems that the warranty company feels that it has spent too much money on it already and so for their money it will be cheaper to replace my washing machine with something else. Now we get to start the process of deciding what to get - they will tell us our choices - and then waiting for delivery.
Today, I will haul children and clothes to my mother-in-laws place to use her washer because my family goes through the clothing so fast (yesterday two outfits each), and towels (swimming weather + bathing = double the amount of towels). My baskets are full to overflowing and I know they won't behave at a laundromat. It will also make my mother-in-law happy - she will get to see her little darlings. Or as she calls them, her little princesses.
Everyone usually groans when I say I am going to my mother-in-laws, but I love my mother-in-law, she is an awesome lady. I am proud to call her mom.
I am still working on the scarf for my oldest girl. I have another prayer shawl on needles. The people of my church are all having a bad year for health. I have a prayer lapghan on needle (crochet) and hope to have it finished soon (one of the men in our church had surgery and the news was not good). I have a few afghans started also. Who knows maybe I can get something finished.
Saturday, we will be celebrating my oldest two girls birthday. We are having a picnic party at the park. This seems to be the best party we give and people turn up for it and they have a good time. It would be safer also, since the neighbors are unable to keep their dogs in their yard and I would feel awful if someone got bit by one of the neighbors dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment