18 March 2009

Things that I have finished and other happenings




Sunday, my middle daughter became ill and was vomitting. The first time was in her bed. I had to strip her and her bed and do an extra 2 loads of laundry. Then she vomitted on herself again. Then she did it again. She refused to go to the bathroom and vomit into a toilet. She refused to vomit into a bucket, held for her. So after the 3rd time of having to strip her and change her clothing and clean up vomit from where she was sitting, I banished her to the bathroom. 1. To clean herself up and 2. to make sure she was close to a toilet and in a place that would be easy to clean up (easier than a carpet or a chair or a sofa). So she finally got the message that she needed to get up and vomit into a toilet.


I also finished some items: I finished my oldest girls snake scarf. She loves it. But I think the weather is going to stay nice and she won't get to use it until next winter.


My friend Marilyn has lost her mother and the funeral was today. So I finished making her prayer shawl just in time to get it blessed for her and to give to her following the funeral. Her cousin, who is a Catholic priest, blessed the shawl for me so that it would be even more special for her. Today, was a very long, hard day. My heart and my prayers are going out for my friend and her family. Her mother passed 1 year, 1 month and 1 day from the day her father passed away. This I think made it harder for her also. But she does have a very good support network. She has a wonderful husband, an awesome son (who has become quite the young man) and her 8 siblings and their spouses and children. She will make it through this, but it will take awhile for her. I have known my friend since I was in college. She was so much fun in college and she is only 3 years older than I am, so in a way she was my friend and my sister. Her parents were so loving and kind. They welcomed all visitors to their home and made you feel that you were always so welcome.



My oldest girl, also has started her latest request....she wants a bluebird. I spent several hours searching through patterns for a bluebird. I found a dodo bird...very funny looking bird and a few very interesting birds. Maybe I can convince her to go with that instead. I know that once I make it for her, her sisters will join in the quest of I want one too. This is how I ended getting on the kick of making socks. Once I turn a heel I will be on my way, but right now I am stuck on heels. Wish me luck.


I also found the funniest picture to symbolize my youngest sister. It is a squirrel balanced with his back feet betweeen two trees eating a nut. It is captioned: Awesome Ninja Skills I has dem. It so fits my sister. She is an awesome young woman and I am very proud of her. Just wish we had more contact, because my daughters are missing out on their aunt. But she has promised that she will go to the Columbus Zoo with us this summer. Should be a lot of fun, for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment