22 March 2009

I have been busy....











I have been very busy this weekend. I have been working on my sister's birthday present. I will be giving her.....wait for it.....dishcloths. I know very exciting, but this way she gets something she can use. The crocheted dishcloth is for me. I hate to waste yarn. So I always take the scraps and use them. I sometimes use them in afghans and give those away. Other times, I make something and keep it here for me or my family. So I just had a lot of fun with this. I am thinking of using this pattern for a prayer shawl. So we'll see when I get there if I use that or not. But it made a nice dishcloth.
I also finished a clown this weekend. This clown was given as a gift to a young girl from my church whose birthday was last Sunday. She didn't care that it was late, just that she got something very special. She was so cute with the clown, she hugged and didn't want to let it go. She is a very cute little girl, but then the whole family is beautiful.

Well, below let me give you the patterns for my dishcloths.
1. Size US 7 Knitting needles Cast on 35 (yes it is smaller, but more manageable), knit back and forth until you have a square (mine measured 8x8").

2. Size US 7 knitting needles
Cast on 42 (I am still uncertain at long tail cast on and ran out of yarn).
Knit 6 rows
*Purl next row
Knit row
Purl Row
Knit 5 rows
Continue until you have 8 groupings of ss and garter stitch.
3. Size F Crochet Hook
Chain 40
1st row: sc
2nd row: hdc
3rd row: dc
Continue until it is a square.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I love the clown. It is always very nice to get something made just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this clown for a little girl whose birthday my youngest was invited to. Her parents said that she adores the clown and has it with her other dolls.

    ReplyDelete