09 March 2009

Novenas

In this time, I thought it would be good to share some Novenas that bring hope to those who pray these prayers. For those who may not know some of the prayers that are supposed to be recited with the Novena:
Our Father
Our Father, Who art in heavenHallowed be Thy Name;Thy kingdom come,Thy will be done,on earth as it is in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread,and forgive us our trespasses,as we forgive those who trespass against us;and lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil. Amen
Hail Mary
Hail Mary,Full of Grace,The Lord is with thee.Blessed art thou among women,and blessed is the fruitof thy womb, Jesus.Holy Mary,Mother of God,pray for us sinners now,and at the hour of death.
Amen
The Glory Be Prayer
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

To the Holy Spirit:
Holy Spirit you who solve all problems. Who light all roads so that I can attain my goals. You who give me divine gift to forgive and to forget all evil against me and that in all instances of my life you are with me. I want in this short prayer to thank you for all things and to confirm once again that I never want to be separated from you even in spite of all material illusions. I wish to be with you in eternal glory. Thank you for your mercy toward me and mine. Amen. The person must say this prayer for three consecutive days

To the Sacred Heart:
May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude, help of the hopeless, pray for us. Say this prayer nine (9) times a day. By the 8th day your prayer will be answered. Say it for 9 days.

To the Blessed Virgin:
Oh, most beautiful flower of Mt. Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity. Oh Star of the Sea, help me and show me here you are my Mother. Oh Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth. I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succor me in my necessity (make prayer request). There are none that can withstand your power. Oh Mary, Pray for us who have recourse to Thee, (3 times). Holy Mary, I place this cause in your hands (3 times).

To St. Jude:
Most Holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help in almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (make prayer request here) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever. I promise O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.

St. Anthony Saint of Miracles:
O Holy St. Anthony, reach down from heaven and take hold of my hand.
Assure me that I am not alone. You are known to possess miraculous powers and to be ever ready to speak for those in trouble.
Loving and Gentle St. Anthony, reach down from heaven I implore you and assist me in my hour of need. Obtain for me (mention your request here).
Dearest St. Anthony, reach down from heaven and guide me with thy strength. Plead for me in my needs. And teach me to be humbly thankful as you were for all the bountiful blessings I am to receive.
Amen.
Novena of the Twenty-four Glory Be to the Fathers
The Twenty-four "Glory be to the Father's" novena can be said at any time. However, the ninth to the seventeenth of the month is particularly recommended, for on those days the petitioner joins in prayer with all those making the novena. The "Glory be to the Father" praising the Holy Trinity is said twenty-four times each of the nine days, in thanksgiving for all the blessings and favors given to Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus during the twenty-four years of her life. In addition, this, or a similar prayer may be used:

"Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, I thank Thee for all the blessings and favors Thou hast showered upon the soul of Thy servant Theresa of the Child Jesus, during the twenty-four years she spent here on earth, and in consideration of the merits of this Thy most beloved Saint, I beseech Thee to grant me this favor, if it is in accordance with Thy most Holy Will and is not an obstacle to my salvation."
After this Prayer, follow the twenty-four "Glory Be's," between each of which may be included this short prayer: "Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus, pray for us."

I hope that anyone who reads these is able to find the help they need.
Don't forget to Thank God every day for all the blessings he has brought into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment