14 March 2009

A Prayer Shawl




I am presently the group leader for the Prayer Shawl Ministry at my church. I have been making a lot of prayer shawls for church because we have had a need. A greater need than we have had for awhile. Many serious illnesses and many deaths. So our Ministry had an empty box. We took care of this problem, I made a plea that everyone who knew how to knit or crochet, please, please, please make a shawl. I even moved the boxes with yarn down so that people could get some out and make one. At present our coffers are full (we have 7), but I am still encouraging people to continue to make shawls. I finished another shawl this week. Here are some photos of the shawls I have made recently.
I can also easily provide the link so that you can go to this site and get your own pattern for this wonderful shawl. It is very simple and lovely. It suggests that you use Homespun yarn, but in the one photo I used ribbon yarn (it is a little heavy, but if the person is young it is not bad), and a polyester that is a lot of fun (very light weight). Here is the site: http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=nnp&pageID=196 Check it out and have a good time.
If you want to see some other wonderful patterns from this site check out: http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=knitting&pageID=2 This is Debbie Macomber's site. She puts up some wonderful patterns. So far these haven't changed, but she does have one that changes every few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice shawl. But I hope you are not going to need so many. I hope that everyone will be well and the shawls will be for celebrations rather than comfort.

    ReplyDelete