12 March 2009

My Daughter...the Comedienne

My middle girl is quite funny. She comes up with some one liners that she just delivers without guile and makes you laugh so hard your sides hurt. One day she wanted to go swimming and while her Dad was trying to get them into his car (so he could leave me my car in case something happened and I had to take my other daughter, who was ill to an urgent care), she looks at him and says, "No Dad. Your car is too dirty for me." My husband felt the need to go to a car wash and clean his car last night.
We also have been dealing with toilets that have been leaking, finally one just stopped working entirely and I told the girls they were not allowed to use this bathroom until the toilet was fixed. So very obediently they have been fighting over the two remaining bathrooms. I bought the parts and my husband used them to repair the toilets. My daughter (comedienne) is battling with me over the use of this bathroom and I told her that "Daddy has fixed the potty and you can use it." Finally, she goes into this bathroom and uses the toilet and then flushes it. With a great deal of surprise she says, "It worked?!" What do you do? Me personally, I laugh.
This is the same child that will put on a show for her classmates, read to her classmates from her favorite book (somewhat memorized, somewhat reading). She will sing in the car with me and throughout the house.
She is very different from her sisters, who love to paint and draw. But, she is herself. She wants me to make her so many pairs of socks, that I will be knitting until she is in college, so far. She will be our star and keep us laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment