26 March 2016

Small Easter Basket

I bought some small "pail" Easter Baskets for my girls to fill with candies and gifts for their sisters. Each got to make for a sister and then hide the basket....no peeking or hunting until Easter. As the month has progressed, we discussed getting candy for my father-in-law and then it progressed to what about something for my nephew, then to what about nephew's mom, then what about the final member of the family coming for Easter...my brother-in-law. Now, I had a problem...not enough baskets and I didn't want to go back to the store (I hate shopping). So I started making a basket. It wasn't hard and it turned out pretty cute and now I am writing out the simple pattern.

Small Crochet Easter Basket

G Hook
1 Skein (any color) Lily Sugar N Cream Cotton

Using magic circle start, put 10 sc in loop, pull tight and join.
2 ch and then put 1 hdc in first stitch, then 2 hdc around...20 hdc
Join, 2 ch and then in next stitch 2 hdc, repeat from here: 1 hdc in next stitch 2 hdc in next, 30 hdc
Join, 2 ch and then in next stitch 1 hdc, 2 hdc in next, repeat from here 1 hdc in next 2 stitches and 2 hdc in 3rd, 40 hdc.
Join, 2 ch and then 1 hdc in next 2 and 2 hdc in 3rd, repeat from here 1 hdc in next 3 stitches, 2 hdc in 4th, 50 hdc.
Join. 3 ch, this will be the 1st dc, put 1 dc in each stitch in front part of the stitch to create an edge. This will allow the sides to come up. Join.
3 ch and 1 dc in each stitch. Join. Continue in the way until you have the side up as far as you want....I went about 4 inches.
Join. At this point you can finish off or you can add a handle.

Handle:
3 ch, then 1 dc for 4 stitches (5 dc over), turn and 3 ch and 4 dc. continue in this way until the handle gets all the way across or is as long as you wish. Join on other side and finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment