21 January 2011

Snow Day #6

I told everyone that I believed there would be no school on Thursday (due to the snow coming down) and that there would be no school on Friday (because of the ice from the previous day's snow). I was right and I had three kids home going stir crazy. Also, way too cold for them to stay out for long. So I went out and shoveled my driveway and sidewalk (we are fortunate that if I shovel, the sun will melt and dry the driveway and sidewalk for me). My oldest and youngest came out and helped for a little while, but the ice and heavy snow were too much for them, they went out back and played in the snow. The middle girl ran around in the snow until she got cold.

After that, I took the girls to Burger King to play in their playland. We stayed there for 4 hours. My friend brought her three and they just played and played and played. They were so exhausted.

While there I finished my Thanks Dishcloth. It turned out really nice, but it is very difficult to see the pattern in the cloth, but it is very nice. It was designed and shared by Enid Danforth. Here is a link: http://knittingmemories.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html She is very talented. She has the Cat in the Hat dishcloth, French Horn, etc. Check her out.

When we got home, my husband and I cooked supper for our children and each other. My oldest has been requesting that I make doughnuts. She really likes my mom's yeast doughnuts, that I have made them. Here is a link to where I have shared the recipe http://marysharingspace.blogspot.com/2009/03/recipes.html. They are very easy to make and lots of fun for the girl's. After you finish cooking them, you put them in a paper bag with powdered sugar and shake them.

After, the doughnuts were finished, I was finally able to finish the hat for my youngest daughter. She was so happy to have her hat, that she sat around wearing it for about an hour. She loved it!! My children are so very knit worthy!!!

I have many people that I deem knitworthy. My mother-in-law and one sister-in-law are knitworthy or just plain craft-worthy. Everything I make they use and show off. They brag about the things I have made them. My one sister is knitworthy...she loves dishcloths. She brags to everyone about her special dishcloths. My husband and children are knitworthy. They wear everything I make them and tell everyone, in the case of the children, their mommy made it for them!

Time to get back to work.

1 comment: