01 January 2011

Happy New Year

It is 2011! It is the time where many people make a resolution to do something differently than in previous years. I think my resolution is not to try and make so many gifts for Christmas I stress myself out. I will make many, many dishcloths. They are quick. They are easy. I can work on a plain ones when I am somewhere that doesn't allow for me to work on patterned ones. I will work on patterned ones when I am alone. I resolve to learn how to make socks. I have tried and tried, but have not succeeded in getting past the heel. This year, I will get past the heel (even if I have to take a class). I will finish a few afghans (for next Christmas). They aren't hard, just time consuming and large. I have several in various stages of completion, so I will just complete them. I will finish the clown and the penguin. I can give them to my niece when I see her next (along with a few Barbies). I will learn how to make gloves and mittens. I want my children to have warm hands and feet. I will make their hats and scarves over the summer (same as always and I already have their yarn). So to all my friends who read this blog...Happy New Year. If you are inclined to make a resolution, make it something achievable. Seriously, this is going to be a successful year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we will both be learning how to make socks this year. I have yet to get past the cuff.

    ReplyDelete