20 January 2011

Snow Day #5

Yes, we have our fifth snow day today. Not much snow on the ground (at 9:30 a.m.) but it is supposed to get worse. Also, there is a nice layer of ice under the little bit of snow. So I am trying to get the children to do their homework (teacher and mom assigned) and be silent so that my husband can rest. Not working out very well. I am also in the process of making lots and lots and lots of bacon (one daughter can eat 1 package by herself). I will be sending them out to the hill in the back to work out some energy. Right now, one is playing a computer game, the others are looking over her shoulder. The other will be set up here soon (math) and the third will be given written papers to work on.

Last night, I finished another hat for my middle daughter and started a third hat. I also finished another dish cloth (not very exciting just a border of knit stitches while there is knit and purl in the center to make a flat area. I was showing my friend what she would be working on next. She is learning to knit. She made the mistake of saying to me one day, I just don't have time to knit...I cast on for her, taught her the knit stitch and gave her the yarn and needles and let her go. Now every time we are sitting at McDonald's she is knitting with me! So when anyone says I want to learn, I tell them to bring needles and yarn to McDonald's and I'll teach them.

Right now, I have to get off the computer....it is being requested. Math time...fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment