01 February 2011

Calamity Day #7

I can't actually call this a snow day as there isn't any snow on the roads or sidewalks. Lots and lots of ice everywhere. It is supposed to rain next. After the rain comes more snow....wonder if we will have school tomorrow or not.

Today, I have already made food for the girls (turkey bacon, cinnamon buns, scrambled eggs, french toast) and koolaid to give them through the day. I need to get a shower yet and I have laundry to do.

After that, we will play a game that will help my youngest with her counting and math. It will also help older girls with their math. From there spelling, reading and more math. I am a very mean teacher for my girls, snow day/calamity days do no mean no work, just more from mom.

I am also working on finishing my dishcloths. I worked on one at a McDonalds and had people coming up to ask me what I was making and then commenting, "Is that all you can make?" Seriously folks, think about where I am at and what I am doing. I am socializing with my friends and watching my child (and my friend's children) play. I do not want something that requires thought or concentration. I want something easy and not requiring much thought. Also, I have many people who like these dishcloths and ask for them as gifts. So I might as well work on them while I can. Why would I bring out a sock I am working on when I know that to make and turn a heel (something that I need to concentrate on) out to work on when I know that I will end up having to tear out and start again. Why would I bring an afghan out...it is too large. Hats, those have too many skeins at play (I am using at least 3 strands on the hats), I don't want the skeins rolling all over the floor. What is even funnier is that when I take these to basketball, I don't get that question...I get, "Wow you are really good, you aren't even looking at what you are doing!" and "Can you teach me?"

Oh well. Time to get on with the work. Have a great and safe day....stay home if you can.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I didn't know that McDonald's had so many curious onlookers.

    ReplyDelete