01 September 2009

1st Day of School, Continued

Sorry for the interruption. DD#2 woke up to complain that she had peed in her bed and I had to rush to get off the computer. So back to DD#2's attitude photo. She gives me this attitude a great deal of the time, especially when I tell her "no."

She and DD#3 started school on Monday. It was such a nice day. All the girls in school. My DH at work and just me and the boys home alone. They couldn't believe it.

My daughters could hardly wait to get out the door. They had their clothes, their shoes and backpacks on and were ready to head out the door.

I read an article by a police officer, who said that parents should take a photo of their child everyday. They could delete it after the child is home for the night, but that this way they have a photo of their child the way the child looked when they left the house. The parent doesn't have to try and remember what the child wore out of the house. The photo is current, not 6 months old. I started doing this right away. I don't delete the photo, but save it. I know that the last set of 3 photos are the most current. It has been necessary. My DD#2 decided that she didn't need to listen to her father (my DH) and took off in an amusement park (water side) and promptly got lost. Fortunately, I had been drilling into all their heads who to look for when they get separated from us and she did find a security (police) officer and was reunited with her father (who was so mad at her she is still under punishment). I think this is a good idea for everyone who has young children. Your child might not like it, but what a good way to know what that particular child was wearing that day.

Now for all parents: Does anyone know a good way to break a child from stuffing food down couch and seat cushions because she doesn't want to pick it up? My DD#2 has been doing this for awhile and when I found it the first time, I made her clean up the mess. When she did it again, I made her clean up again. I just caught her stuffing food down cushions again. More cleaning up with her screaming (non-verbal screaming) because I was making her work. We have tried 2 mile daily walks and taking away things and obviously cleaning up the mess she is making, but this has not deterred her and all ideas are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment