25 September 2009

So much happening....

Monday, my DH, took the younger two girls for a walk and to a playground at church to swing. When they stopped, my DD#3, grabbed her neck and started screaming and crying in pain. Her torticollis returned. Poor little girl was in severe pain and he is expecting me to come get them, at the same time that my DD#1 was on the bus being brought home. I couldn't leave the house. I told him to ask the people at church if one of them would be willing to bring them home, but no, he decided to make the poor child walk! Needless to say, he went into my doghouse! After DD#1 got home, I rushed her into the car and went to find my baby and bring her medicine. When she was not able to get comfortable, we took her to ER, leaving the older DDs with a neighbor. When we realized that we were not getting home anytime soon, we called my mother and asked her to come up, collect the older girls and stay with them until we could get home. The next day, DD#3, vomited or slept, an adverse reaction to the medicine given at the hospital. But she recovered much faster than the last time (3 days the first time vs. 26 hours this time). She saw a doctor who wanted to make sure that she wasn't coming down with something else.

Thursday, is shopping day. I hate to shop. But this is one of those things that has to be done, so that there is food in the house to feed the children and husband (and cats). On that note, Lucky, the outdoor cat, that I have been caring for, has decided that I am harmless and is getting closer to me and letting me come closer to him/her (still don't have that questioned answered).

Made cookies on Wednesday, with the girls. This is a great way to work on chemistry (baking) and math (doubling recipe quantities). My DD#1's teacher has requested that we work on so many different things, math, reading, writing, spelling. She wants us to write the words on sticky notes and put these on the mirror in the bathroom, so the children get to practice the words daily. So my bathroom mirrors are covered with words. Then I also have the post-it notes that help me to try and organize my day and get things finished. So I feel surrounded for by post-it notes. (Next year, I'll have three girls learning how to read).

Today, I had 2 of my girls and Chase. I took them all to the YMCA and they had fun playing in the Child Watch center, and I got to Exercise! I am going to have to take them there more often, after lunch. Then we had a walk (the girls were fighting again). Tonight is also movie night. We started this for the school year. We let the girls stay up late on Friday's and watch a movie or special show that they wouldn't get to see otherwise.

This week we were going to go without television for the week. This went by the wayside, when DD#3 became so ill. So we will try again (I challenge my readers to turn off their televisions for a week and let me know how you fare. I think it is interesting to find out how dependent we have become on these idiot boxes to entertain us. For instance, we didn't make it because it gave my child something to keep her quiet while she recuperated).

I also finished a prayer shawl today. I also gave it to the recipient, she is going on maternity leave right now. She has been having complications and she is so upset. I pray that this will help her through this time where she needs to rest. That she also has a healthy baby and an easy delivery (she is having another c-section).

I am almost finished with another afghan. I started another prayer shawl (3 on needles). One of the families at our church has a son who had a double lung transplant and he is having many complications. He is a children's hospital and his father is having to travel back and forth on weekends, the youngest son is in school and the mother is living in the Ronald McDonald House near the hospital. I feel that I need to finish some items for them quickly. If you haven't supported the Ronald McDonald House in the past, now is a good time to start. One of the young ladies at our church is collecting the pop tops from soda cans. What an easy way to help.

Prayers: Please pray for the following:

The family from my church. That their son gets through this time and that he is able to fight off the infection and come home soon.

My cousin Marti. She had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. She was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer and has been fighting it for two years. She went into remission once, but now her chances are not good. Pray for her brother Bill and his wife and children.

Please pray for all those who are searching for jobs. Pray that they are able to find something or make a job for themselves so that they are able to take care of their families and themselves.

Please pray for all our soldiers. They fight to keep us safe and they need our prayers daily.

Have a good weekend. I'll post a recipe for cookies and some photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment